– Focus on commonalities
– Move slowly and be patient
Unfortunately, it was easier for me to list reasons youth pastor problems with their senior pastor than it was to answer how a youth pastor and senior pastor can align. I am finding and hearing more youth pastors leaving their youth ministry position and church planting because of how fed up they are with their senior leadership. I have heard many stories about senior pastors treating their youth pastor so bad or not willing to try something new, which quickly led me to ask the question: How can the youth pastor/senior pastor relationship improve?
4 Questions About These Youth Pastor Problems:
(1) Why do youth pastors and senior pastors misalign?
(2) How do youth pastors and senior pastors re-align?
(3) What resources encourage youth pastors and senior pastor to be on the same page?
(4) When is it time to leave the church because of the senior pastor differences?