Take note: these items could ruin your sermon.
1. Make it about you, not Jesus.
2. Let the Holy Spirit just lead you on the spot (not also the week or two before in your prep time!).
3. Forget to use your clutch (also called “transitions“) as you switch gears between points.
4. Preach like a Texas steer…a point here, a point there and a lot of bull in-between.
5. String together random verses to support your outline instead of drawing your sermon from a strong exposition of God’s Word.
6. Steal your sermon outlines from someone else instead of wrestling through your own.
7. Take 30 minutes to make a 10-minute point.
8. Make people feel like they need to do more for Jesus to truly accept them.
10. Refuse to give the Gospel.
Original article appeared here.