30 million people listen to podcasts. That’s a big number and it’s growing rapidly every year. As a result, the number of people producing a church leader podcast is increasing too. In such a dynamic and changing landscape it can be easy to miss some gems that can help church leaders develop, grow and serve their congregations.
Here are 10 podcasts you might want to consider adding to your audio queue.
- The Carey Nieuwhof Leadership Podcast – This lawyer turned pastor has been doing a podcast since 2014. Nieuwhof’s early days as a part time DJ in Canada haven’t hurt his endeavors at producing radio programs either. The podcast features a mix of well-known and everyday leaders whose insights bring tremendous value to your development as a leader.
- Bridgetown Church Podcast – The Portland, Oregon church describes itself as “practicing the way of Jesus, together.” The messages from pastor John Mark Comer and others on staff will challenge your faith and walk with God in ways that you might not have considered.
- ChurchLeaders – A longtime podcast that features Christian leaders sharing ideas and insights that will help you lead better. Host Jason Daye sits down for conversations with pastors and other church leaders to discuss a wide variety of topics including church planting, missions, serving in a small town and others.
- Shauna Niequist Podcast – This best-selling author and speaker has personal conversations with leading writers, thinkers and leaders about life, relationships, purpose, family and faith. Niequist’s book have produced a passionate fan base, especially among millennial and Gen X women. She frequently headlines national conferences with her insight about living a life of faith and purpose.
- Breakpoint – The late Charles Colson started this program back in 1991 on traditional radio. It continues today as a podcast with a Christian perspective on the day’s news and trends. On “BreakPoint This Week” John Stonestreet and co-host Ed Stetzer host a weekly conversation with leading Christian writers and thinkers and commentaries by Eric Metaxas
- Dr. Michael Horton – White Horse Inn Podcast – The podcast asks, “How important is it for you to know what you believe and why you believe it?” Horton contends what you know matters more than what you feel and backs up his belief with solid biblical insight.
- Craig Groeschel Leadership Podcast – The Senior Pastor of Life.Church says he designed the podcast to help you make the most of your potential as you work to become the leader God created you to be.
- Waking Up Podcast with Sam Harris – Okay, we know Sam Harris is an atheist but wouldn’t knowing how an atheist thinks help you reach others who question the validity of Christianity? The neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author explores questions about the human mind, society, and current events from his atheistic worldview.
- Truth’s Table – A roundtable discussion featuring three seminary educated women talking about the cultural, social, and political issues of our day.
- The Liturgist – Another podcast that will help you answer objections from those questioning their faith. The podcast looks at spirituality through the lens of those who have walked away from organized religion but consider themselves spiritual. They’ve become known by the title “nones”, a growing segment of society. Disclaimer: The hosts occasionally use language some may find offensive.