Memorizing the Bible can change your life, no matter your age. So make Scripture memory a priority in your family and Sunday School. Download this printable list of 52 easy but powerful Bible verses to memorize. For children, learning God’s Word can be rewarding and fun!
52 Short Bible Verses to Memorize
- Acts 16:31 – Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.
- Psalm 145:9 – The LORD is good to all.
- Genesis 16:13 – You are the God who sees.
- Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
- Proverbs 14:5 – A honest witness does not lie, a false witness breathes lies.
- Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you.
- Colossians 3:2 – Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
- Colossians 3:16 – Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly.
- 1 John 5:3 – This is love for God: to obey his commands.
- Ephesians 4:30 – And do not grieve the Holy Spirit.
- Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
- Romans 10:13 – Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- Romans 3:23 – All people have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Matthew 5:14 – You are the light of the world.
- Psalm 145:9 – The Lord is good to all.
- Colossians 3:20 – Children, obey your parents in all things.
- James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.
- Matthew 28:20 – I am with you always.
- Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another.
- 1 John 3:23 – Love one another.
- Psalm 56:3 – What time I am afraid, I will trust in You.
- Psalm 118:24 – This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 119:105 – Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
- Psalm 136:1 – Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
- Luke 6:31 – Do to others as you would have them do to you.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
- Psalm 138:1 – I will praise thee with my whole heart.
- John 10:11 – I am the good shepherd.
- Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
- Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true.
- Matthew 6:24 – No one can serve two masters.
- Deuteronomy 6:5 – You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
- Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
- Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God.
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
- Psalm 139:14 – I praise you God, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
- Isaiah 43:5 – Do not be afraid for I am with you.
- Psalm 1:6 – The LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.
- Matthew 28:6 – He is not here, he is risen!
- Acts 5:29 – We must obey God rather than men.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray without ceasing.
- 1 John 4:19 – We love because he first loved us.
- Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God.
- Proverbs 2:6 – The Lord gives wisdom.
- Psalm 150:6 – Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!
- Ecclesiastes 12:13 – Fear God and keep his commandments.
- Isaiah 26:4 – Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
- Galatians 6:7 – Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.
- John 11:35 – Jesus wept.
Pro Tip: These passages are from the ESV, English Standard Version translation. You can compare and adopt other translations (NLT, New Living Translation; NIV, New International Version; KJV, King James Version) using the parallel technology options at BibleHub. We hear stories of Christians who can memorize entire chapters and Psalms. If you love and focus on the holy Bible, you can do it too!
Why memorize the Bible?
With the focus on Christian character, church leaders should plan now to include Bible verses to memorize in their educational plans. Adult School school students can encourage one another to learn a new Scripture quote each week. Leaders also can plan simple activities like a Bible Bee to encourage and focus members of all ages to love and know God’s Word!
Think of how much time we waste on technology reading the news every day. There are better options! Provide Bible verses to memorize, and then encourage one another to grow in Christian character and Jesus’ love.
This article originally appeared here.