Are you looking for a family-friendly Bible reading plan? Get parents and children reading (and talking about) the Bible! This one-year Scripture-reading plan offers an overview of key events and people in God’s great story. Click here to submit your email address and then access the free download.
Children’s ministry workers, pastors and parents all want kids to develop a lifelong love for reading the Bible. And what better way than to make it a wonderful opportunity for families to spend time reading, talking, and bonding?
Share this easy Bible reading plan with parents and kids. When families commit to the plan, they’ll discover an overview of key biblical people and events. Together they’ll build good devotional habits and learn to think more deeply about God’s Word.
The Friends With God resources are a great supplement for kids to use during this Bible reading plan. The Friends With God Story Bible allows kids to see how God has always loved and worked through everyday people just like them. And the Friends With God Devotions for Kids gives kids a fresh look at God—who knows them, loves them, and is eager to draw close to them.
Bible Reading Plan: One Year in the Bible
Here’s how this plan works for families:
1. Post this Bible reading plan.
Place it somewhere the entire family will see it, like on your refrigerator.
2. Find the week’s passage in the Bible.
Read it together or on your own. (We suggest reading longer passages together over a few days.)
3. After each family member has read the passage, discuss the following questions:
- What surprised you about this passage?
- What do you think this passage shows us about God?
- How do you think this passage relates to your life today?
- What did you learn about the people in this passage?