Does it sometimes feel like the good guys never win? Do you ever wonder why the evil, the crooked or those with lack of integrity seem to always come out on top? We all do from time-to-time.
If you are currently feeling this way, I want to point you to the greatest leadership book ever written, the Bible. It has much to say on this topic.
The Bible on Being an Evil Leader
Next time you become envious of the success of wicked leadership, remember these 38 Results of Being an Evil Leader and be encouraged.
Proverbs 10 with supporting verses
- Evil Leadership Is Sin – 16 “The wage of the righteous leads to life, the gain of the wicked to sin.”
- The Hearts of Evil Leaders Are of Little Worth – 20 “The tongue of the righteous is choice silver; the heart of the wicked is of little worth.”
- Evil Leaders Lack Sense – 21 “The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of sense.
- Evil Leaders’ Fears Will Come True – 24 “What the wicked dreads will come upon him, but the desire of the righteous will be granted.”
- Evil Leaders Do Not Survive Hard Times – 25 “When the tempest passes, the wicked is no more, but the righteous is established forever.”
- Evil Leaders Have Shorter Lives – 27 “The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short.”
- Evil Leaders Will Lose All Joy – 28 “The hope of the righteous brings joy, but the expectation of the wicked will perish.”
- The Lord Destroys Evil Leaders – 29 “The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the blameless, but destruction to evildoers.”
- Evil Leaders Never Win in the Long Run – 30 “The righteous will never be removed, but the wicked will not dwell in the land.”
- The Words of Evil Leaders Are Foolishness – 31 “The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue will be cut off.”
- The Words of Evil Leaders Are Unacceptable – 32 “The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse.”
Proverbs 11 with supporting verses
- Evil Leaders Do Not Survive God’s Wrath – 4 “Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.”
- Evil Leaders Fail Because of Their Own Wickedness – 5 “The righteousness of the blameless keeps his way straight, but the wicked falls by his own wickedness.”
- Evil Leaders Are Held Hostage by Their Own Lust – 6 “The righteousness of the upright delivers them, but the treacherous are taken captive by their lust.”
- Evil Leaders Die With No Hope – 7 “When the wicked dies, his hope will perish,
and the expectation of wealth perishes too.”
- Evil Leaders Walk Right Into Trouble – 8 “The righteous is delivered from trouble,
and the wicked walks into it instead.”
- Evil Leaders Destroy Even Their Friends With Their Words – 9 “With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.”
- Everyone Rejoices When Evil Leaders Are Removed – 10 “When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices, and when the wicked perish there are shouts of gladness.”
- Evil Leaders Take Down Entire Cities – 11 “By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is overthrown.”
- Evil Leaders Eventually Lose All Their Wealth – 18 “The wicked earns deceptive wages, but one who sows righteousness gets a sure reward.”
- Evil Leaders Pursue Evil and Die – 19 “Whoever is steadfast in righteousness will live, but he who pursues evil will die.”
- Evil Leaders Are an Abomination to the Lord – 20 “Those of crooked heart are an abomination to the Lord, but those of blameless ways are his delight.”
- Evil Leaders Will Not Go Unpunished – 21 “Be assured, an evil person will not go unpunished, but the offspring of the righteous will be delivered.”
- Evil Leadership Never Ends Well – 23 “The desire of the righteous ends only in good, the expectation of the wicked in wrath.”
- Evil Comes Back to Evil Leaders – 27 “Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it.”
- Evil Leaders Will Be Repaid for Their Wickedness – 31 “If the righteous is repaid on earth, how much more the wicked and the sinner!”
Proverbs 12 with supporting verses
- The Lord Condemns Evil Leaders – 2 “A good man obtains favor from the Lord, but a man of evil devices he condemns.”
- Evil Leaders Are Unstable – 3 “No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved.
- The Advice of Evil Leaders Is Deceitful – 5 “The thoughts of the righteous are just; the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.”
- Evil Leaders Plan Harm for Others – 6 “The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, but the mouth of the upright delivers them.”
- Evil Leaders Are Overthrown and Are No More – 7 “The wicked are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous will stand.”
- Evil Leaders Are Cruel – 10 “Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast,
but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.
- Evil Leaders Want What Other Wicked Leaders Have – 12 “Whoever is wicked covets the spoil of evildoers, but the root of the righteous bears fruit.”
- Evil Leaders Are Ensnared by Their Own Words – 13 “An evil man is ensnared by the transgression of his lips, but the righteous escapes from trouble.”
- Evil Leaders Devise Evil – 20 “Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy.”
- The Lives of Evil Leaders Are Filled With Trouble – 21 “No ill befalls the righteous, but the wicked are filled with trouble.”
- Evil Leaders Lead Their Friends Astray – 26 “One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.”
- Evil Leadership Ends in Death – 28 “In the path of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.
I want to conclude this post with a rhetorical question. Would you rather be a righteous leader who seeks after Jesus Christ or an evil leader?
This article originally appeared here.