6. What’s your address? I didn’t catch it on the first six forms I had you fill out.
Try to streamline the “first-time visitors check-in process.”
Nobody likes to feel like they’re visiting HR on their first church visit.
7. You want to join a small group? You’ll have to wait until next fall.
If you ask people to wait more than a month to join community, they’ll often look elsewhere.
8. Here we just care about the Truth. If you don’t like it, you can leave.
I get it. You love the Bible. You love preaching the Truth.
But don’t love that more than you love people.
9. Here are the 38 things we do each week as a church.
Simplifying is the key, otherwise you’ll give people decision paralysis.
10. Next time, could you make sure to wear ________.
Fill that in with “something nicer,” “something more relaxed” or “something that’s clean,” and you’ve offended someone unnecessarily.
Creating a “come as you are” culture should be our aim, not creating a “come as I am” culture.
Got anything you’d add?