Every worship leader needs to work on these 10 things. No matter how long I have been a worship leader, there are always areas that I need to improve on. When you are doing well, it is too easy to get comfortable. But the truth is, none of us ever arrives. My prayer is that this list challenges you, like it challenges me, to move ahead with what God has called us to do!
Here are 10 things every worship leader needs to work on.
1. Every worship leader needs to work on: Never stop growing
• Are you practicing your singing and playing on a daily basis?
• Are you taking lessons and improving your craft and leadership?
• Are you changing and growing with the new trends, styles and songs?
2. Every worship leader needs to work on: Develop your organizational and admin skills.
• Are you writing (or buying) great charts for your band?
• Are you running organized and productive rehearsals?
• Are you creating timely schedules for your musicians and planning ahead on the church calendar?
3. Every worship leader needs to work on: Keep working on a good relationship with your pastor.
• Do you have a regular meeting with your pastor?
• Are you supporting your pastor in private and public?
• Have you ever had your pastor and his wife over for dinner?
4. Every worship leader needs to work on: Take time to mentor new leaders.
• Are you looking for and developing the potential leaders on your team?
• Are you giving room for new leaders to lead a song or worship time?
• Jesus spent over three years developing His team; are you following His example?
5. Every worship leader needs to work on: Develop a great team.
• Do you have a system for bringing along new musicians?
• Are you developing multiple musicians for each position?
• How are you helping your team grow spiritually?