No one is trying to get rid of your worship leader, right? This tongue-in-cheek guide offers 12 surefire, guaranteed ways to make sure your worship minister never comes back.
12 Ways to Get Rid of Your Worship Leader
- Target his family because you aren’t happy with him.
- Insist on worship service musical style quotas.
- Constantly compare her with your previous worship leader.
- As an act of civil disobedience stop singing when he introduces new songs.
- Don’t accept his limitations, vulnerabilities or transparency.
- Expect the worship music to increase church attendance or reduce church conflict.
- Depend on her alone to generate or create worship every week.
- Demand intergenerational worship that doesn’t require you to sacrifice.
- Expect her to lead multicultural worship without changing anything.
- Require him to always plan and lead worship with your preferences in mind.
- Institute ageism and physical appearance guidelines.
- Never view worship as more than a service starter, stuffer or stopper.