Need a fun new preschool valentine craft idea? Then check out this adorable activity for Sunday school students. With this Valentine’s Day craft, preschoolers learn about God’s love for them while they make heart frames.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:7
Preschool Valentine Craft: Heart Frames
- red poster board
- a photograph of each child
- glue sticks
- hole punch
- ribbon or yarn
- Take pictures of children a few weeks ahead of time. Or use an instant camera for instant smiles.
- If photographs aren’t available, let children draw their own pictures on 3×5-inch index cards for a perfect fit.
Making the Heart Frames
1. First, before class cut red poster board into two 10×8-inch heart shapes for each child. Cut a 3×5-inch heart shape out of the middle of half of them.
2. Set out glue sticks and crayons. Next, give each child two heart shapes—one solid and one with the small heart cutout.
3. Show children how to place their photographs in the center of the large heart. Help children glue their photos in place using glue sticks.
4. Have children glue around the outside edges of the large hearts. Then show children how to place the hearts with the cutouts over the large hearts to make picture frames.