10 Things You Should NEVER Say to a Kidmin Volunteer
- Can you stay over and serve for the next service? One of the other volunteers called in sick.
- I have faith in you. You can handle this class of twenty 3-year-olds by yourself.
- It’s okay. You can go ahead and start serving. We can run your background check later.
- Sorry, I wasn’t able to email you the lesson until Saturday night. It was a busy week.
- I know you said you wanted to serve in the nursery, but I really need you to teach 5th grade boys.
- Don’t worry about attending the adult service. Serving will provide you with all the spiritual growth you need.
- We will be having volunteer training every week and I need you to be there.
- You’re serving in two different ministries already? I’m sure you can handle one more.
- We don’t have any budget money set aside for snacks for volunteers while they’re serving…but you’re welcome to bring your own.
- I know it’s your very first week serving … but I need you to be the leader in the room. You’ll figure it out as you go.The floor is yours…
What are some other things you should never say to volunteers? Share them in the comment section below.