Okay, okay… Maybe these aren’t THE 10 Commandments of small group leadership as they didn’t come from God Himself. But, maybe these 10 expectations of a great leader will help you as you lead and serve your small group.
1.Thou shalt serve edible and delicious snacks.
2.Thou shalt consistently pray for every group member by name.
3.Thou shalt welcome stragglers who stick around after group meetings as the minutes after the group meeting ends is when transformational moments often occur.
4. Honor thy coach and thy groups pastor that your presence may be a blessing and not a curse.
5. Honor thy apprentice, allowing her/him opportunities to lead the group meeting.
6. Thou shalt not kill the overly talkative group member.
7. Thou shalt not talk too much.
8. Thou shalt not leave conflict unresolved.
9. Thou shalt not do all the work but will delegate responsibilities so that other group members are more deeply engaged in group life.
10. Thou shalt not covet another group leader’s group.