At a recent Kidmin Conference, I taught about how to invite people to join your program’s volunteer team. To get the creative juices flowing, I asked attendees to design prototype recruitment posters. The goal was to illustrate the principles I’d described for when they need children’s ministry volunteers.
The group came up with loads of great ideas—and in record time. Their simple yet powerful posters reflect several key concepts to remember when you need children’s ministry volunteers:
- Invite with vision, not need.
- Invite people to the “why” of “what” you do in children’s ministry.
- Keep in mind that people want to be part of something bigger than themselves. They’ll be drawn toward an important vision.
- Attract volunteers by providing a fun, family-like atmosphere.
- Remember: Jesus calls us to make disciples, not volunteers.
Check out these 18 poster and slogan ideas for when you need children’s ministry volunteers:
1. Been there? Done that? Walk with me?
2. Invest in Our Children, Inspire Christian Leaders
3. Join the Party!
4. Jump In: Create a Ripple, Change a Life
5. Come Sail With Us
6. Plant the Seed Today, See the Impact Tomorrow
7. Partner With Us!
8. Follow Me As I Follow Christ
9. We Believe in KIDS: Join the Movement!
10. Change a Life … It Could Be Your Own
11. Plant Seeds and Help Empower the Next Generation
12. Join the Team
13. Become Someone!
14. Come Join the Party
15. Come Join Us As We Sail to Jesus
16. Dream With Me!
17. I Am Alive Because Someone Cares
18. A Little Goes a Long Way
Bonus! If you prefer ready-made volunteer recruitment materials, here are four free posters. They reflect a philosophy of inviting people to join your church’s children’s ministry team through vision instead of need. Note: Click the photos below to download the posters and adjust them to fit your specific ministry and needs. (Disclaimer: We have no affiliation with any advertisers at the free file-hosting site.)
This article for people who need children’s ministry volunteers originally appeared here.