5 Simple Ways to Share Christ This Christmas
Christmas is one of the holidays where engaging others in a Gospel conversation can be easier and more natural. It is a time of sharing laughter, food and, of course, gifts.
And there is no better gift to be shared than the Good News of Jesus. He truly is the reason for the season!
Here are five simple ways to share Christ this Christmas:
1. Invite another family to go with you to Christmas Eve services and use it as a Gospel conversation starter.
If there’s ever a time people are pre-conditioned to go to church it’s on Christmas Eve. The Christmas story becomes an excellent entry point to the Gospel message. Maybe have them over for some eggnog afterward and ask a question like, “So why do you think the story of Jesus’ birth is so important to so many churches?” or “What was the most meaningful part of the service to you?” Both of these questions can become a jumping off point for a deeper Gospel conversation.
2. Write someone a personal letter that explains the Gospel in the context of Christmas.
There’s nothing more powerful than a hand-written, heartfelt letter. A letter is both personal and permanent (because typically people don’t throw hand-written letters away!). The entire book of John was a hand-written letter primarily written to those who had not yet believed in Jesus. That’s why the Apostle wrote, “These things were written that you might believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that by believing you may have life through his name” (John 20:31).
At some point you can make the “salvation seque” with a phrase like, “During this Christmas season I cannot help but be thinking of you and how much you mean to me. Because you mean so much I wanted to share something that means the most to me…my relationship with Jesus.”
3. Send someone a link to a short video that clearly shares the Gospel.
There are many great videos that can be used to share the good news of Jesus this holiday season. Here are just a few:
- Life in six words… This spoken word piece from our good friend Propaganda is clear, compelling and, well, very cool. It is truly a viral video which millions of believers and nonbelievers alike have seen. Check it out here.
- Falling Plates… This is a visually stunning presentation of the Good News that will be sure to capture people’s attention. Check it out here.
- Something Amazing… This animated presentation of the Gospel is short and sweet (two minutes) but gets the job done! Check it out here.