Choosing the right church stage lighting for your church can be overwhelming, to say the least. Several considerations will simplify the process for you. Consider these things first:
- The size of your church
- The size and shape of the stage or platform
- What effect are you desiring to create through lighting?
I have experience from the performer’s viewpoint, and I must stress that no lighting should be so intense that the worship team leader, speaker, dancer, actor or artist is blinded by it. This can be extremely disorienting for them and can certainly distract them from their ministry to the congregation.
Every person that I interviewed about the best choices of church stage lighting told me the same thing: The industry standard is now LED lighting and it is timeless.
Old school lighting systems were bulky and expensive and in need of constant updating as the trends changed. However, with a versatile LED lighting system your church won’t be influenced by transient lighting trends.
A LED system is by far less expensive than one using traditional fixtures. The lights are cool running and will save money on electricity year after year.
A LED system is available for all sizes and budgets. Modest lighting setup can be built for well under $1,000.
Modern fixtures, sound-activated programs, and app-based controls will enable volunteers to get involved in lighting design even without prior experience. You won’t need electrical designers and technicians to get your system up and running…yet another saving!
There are five categories of lights:
- Cyc lights
- Wash lights
- Beam lights
Best Floodlights For Church Stage Lighting
Floodlights are very similar to wash lights as both perform basically the same function, that being to fill the stage with uniform lighting and color all over. Some of the information for floodlights will be the same as for wash lights.
They provide an atmosphere for your church stage and they set the mood there. You want that warm, loving atmosphere that helps worshippers forget their outside world issues. Generally, floodlights will be placed on the floor downstage of performers, whereas wash lights are usually placed at various intervals on the stage or they are mounted or hung.
Best Overall Floodlights
In my research, I found that the Sansi 50W RGB LED Floodlight is probably the best overall floodlights.
- LIGHT WEIGHT: this RGB floodlight is made of ceramic and high quality PC, not electric conductive aluminum, fragile glass or heavy steel. 8 LIGHT SOURCES: 120 degree beam angle, light up larger area. SUPER BRIGHT & ENERGY SAVING: reach high lumen with low wattage, up to 110lm/W. 3000lm. Dimmable in 3 levels, you can control the brightness and energy consumption. 16 colors satisfy all your needs for decorative party, stage, landscape and security lighting.
- MEMORY FUNCTION: these RGB LED flood lights remain color and mode you set last time, no need to reset if power on again. REMOTE CONTROL: remote range 20~30ft. One remote can control several lights. COLOR CHANGING MODES: life is colorful, decorate your house with SANSI RGB lights.
- LONG LIFETIME: thanks to the fact that ceramic is not conductive to electricity but conduct heat, ceramic heat sink is the best choice for sake of safety and efficiency compared to aluminum. Every RGB floodlight has 8 light sources (ceramic heat sink) to enlarge dissipation area, this patented technology prolongs lifetime effectively.
- IP65 WATERPROOF: in order to provide better waterproof effect, SANSI invents exclusive techniques, there is no circuit exposed outside, much safer to use in rainy and snowy days. Equipped with US plug, black and white wires, 59in cord, stainless steel bracket and expansion bolts, SANSI RGB floodlights are suitable for outdoor light fixtures.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: 5-year , you are covered for replacement or refund should there be any quality issues. Any questions, please contact us directly, we will respond in 24 hrs.
- It comes with remote control.
- When you set to 16 steady colors, you can adjust brightness.
- It is a dimmable flood light.
- When you set at 8 modes: strobe, flash, smooth, fade, M1-M4 (red, green, blue, yellow, flash) you can adjust the speed from 1 second to 3 seconds per color.
- It is energy saving and long lasting.
- 50W LED Flood Light outputs up to 5500 lumens 110lm/W, consumes much less energy, saving 85% on your electric bill.
- Patented ceramic heat dissipation technology (CHDT) and unique hollow out structure ensures better dissipation efficiency and prolongs its lifetime to 50,000 hours.
- It is waterproof and durable. The IP65 waterproof is resistant to rain and snow. Corrosion and rust are prevented by a 360-degree adjustable bracket that is made of stainless steel.
- It may be mounted on a wall, ceiling, and pedestal.
- The heat sink is made of ceramic, not conducive to electricity, safe and reliable.
- The voltage is wide working: 90-264 V.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It has wide applications: 120-degree beam angle, designed to illuminate large areas.
- It is great for your outdoor services.
The company offers excellent service. Their 5-year warranty and friendly customer service mean that you are covered with replacement or refund if any quality issues should arise.
Best Bang For The Buck Floodlights
You want that warm, loving atmosphere that helps worshippers forget their outside world issues. Generally, floodlights will be placed on the floor downstage of performers, whereas wash lights are usually placed at various intervals on the stage or they are mounted. You want the absolute best quality to ensure the best worship experience/atmosphere for your congregants.
You’ll get the best bang for your buck with the Onfrou 2 pack 60W RGB LED Flood Lights, for the simple fact that it is a 2 pack! Each floodlight comes with:
- 【DIMMABLE COLORS & MODES】There are 11 colors and 2 color changing models(flash/fade), suitable for celebration or wedding party. Speed of color changing can be adjusted by the remote.(Smart tips: For the first time using, keep the power on for 1-5 seconds, then turn on the RGB LED flood light.)
- 【TIMER & MEMORY FUNCTION】Timer function allow you to set the working time to 2 hours or 6 hours；Memory Function make the light stay at your last setting when turn on again via remote control, no need to reset it.
- 【IP66 WATERPROOF】IP66 dustproof and waterproof ensure it works perfectly in rain, sleet and snow, greatly suitable for both indoor and outdoor. Ideal for using at garden, patio, wedding, party, park, stage, landscape, building, yard, street.
- 【EFFICIENT COOLING & EASY TO INSTALL】Die-cast aluminum housing and efficient cooling design makes it more durable and reliable. No need for wiring, simply plug it in! 180°adjustable lamp body, easy to install and mounted / hang in anywhere as you like.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】 Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the product. We will reply you within 24-hours.
- Remote Control.
- IP66 Waterproof Dimmable Color Changing
- 16 Colors
- 4 Modes
- Wall Washer Light
- Outdoor Decorative Garden Landscape Lighting
Six Colors and four modes are available so that you can pick up your favorite color, brightness, and mode (flash, strobe, fade, smooth) simply by pointing the remote at the floodlights. Pretty easy!
- These lights have a remote control with 24 keys and a memory function, enabling them to sense distance (19.6.2feet}
- The lights will stay in your last setting so that when you turn them on again there is no need to reset them.
- IP66 Waterproof (and dustproof), the lights work perfectly in the rain, or sleet or snow. So, take your church outside and enjoy God’s creation while worshipping.
- It has efficient cooling because of aluminum housing and cooling design.
- It is easy to install as it needs no special wiring. Just plug it into the wall.
- The adjustable lamp body can be installed on the ceiling, wall or ground.
- Your purchase is risk-free as it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, 5 years warranty and 24-hour message technical support.
Best Budget Floodlights
Litake 36LED Par Lights for Stage Lighting are an excellent choice for the church on a tight budget for lighting. The fact that these are single units enables you to start small and add on later. They have a modest price of less than 30 dollars each normally. That is an excellent starting point, especially if your stage or platform is small to medium-sized. Here are some details on what is included with each one:
- LEDs: 36W led par lights with 36 pcs LEDs include 6 x red, 6x green, 6x blue.
- 2 Control Modes: Magic effect can be easily controlled by remote control(included) or professional DMX controller(not included).
- 7 Light Effect Options: Static Color / Color changing / Color fade / Auto Program / Sound activated / Master-Slave / DMX. Speed is adjustable.
- Features: With mounting bracket, led par lights can be mounted on flood, stand, truss or anywhere you want.
- Application: Great uplighting for party dj stage wedding halloween christmas club disco bar pub church etc.
- 36W LED par lights have 36 pcs LEDs.
- A single unit has 6 red lights, 6 green lights, and 6 blue lights.
- It has 2 control modes: by remote (included) or professional DMX controller (not included).
- There are 7 light effect options: static color, color changing, color fade, audio program, sound activated, master-slave, DMX.
- Speed is adjustable.
- The unit comes with a mounting bracket which can be mounted on the floor, stand, truss or anywhere you like best.
- They provide great up lighting for your stage.
- They remember the last setting when turned off and then on again.
- They can be set to change colors at different intervals, or they can stay one color.
- They are dimmable in the event that a softer light is desired.
- They are light and easy to install.
- The light that they emit is bright and strong.
Floodlights are the best place to start and can create a worshipful atmosphere. A minister that I spoke with tells me that lighting is all for the congregation, not the people on stage. You want the atmosphere of your church to be a help to their worship experience, not a hindrance. In most cases, less is more. Too much wild lighting creates a concert performance atmosphere that focuses on the people not on God. A little lighting goes a long way!